About Places to Publish

In an ongoing effort to encourage writers to not just write,
but to pursue the craft on a professional level I offer links
and information I have found useful.

If you have something you think would be of help
to your fellow writers please email me the information
themuse.honey@gmail.com.

Saturday, February 14, 2009

I Love Cats

I went looking for a magazine or journal that had a theme of love for Valentine's Day. Funny what you find when you Google. But this is a paying market and perhaps this Valentine's your true love really is soft and fluffy.

Visit the website for a sample copy and more information for submission - http://www.iluvcats.com/writguidfori.html



I am always interested in new ideas for I Love Cats and request that you either send a paragraph or two about your idea or the finished piece. When using the postal service, ALWAYS include a self-addressed, stamped envelope with a return address.

If accepted, I will request the story be sent via e-mail.

I am now accepting email queries and completed stories at ilovecatseditor@sbcglobal.net.

If you prefer, completed manuscripts to be delivered by mail to I Love Cats, c/o Lisa Allmendinger, Editor, 16 Meadow Hill Lane, Armonk, NY 10504.

I do not want poetry (as I seldom publish it) but I am interested in feature stories about cats and their owners, (no talking cats, please), interesting or odd happenings with cats, tips for cat owners, health issues, nonfiction pieces, behavior problems, that sort of thing. Please do not send stories about cats that go or live outdoors.

I'm looking for a story--preferably with photos or drawings--that is 1,000 words, tops, ideally 500-800 words. I buy all rights, since we copyright all stories.

You also must sign a consent form, which spells out all resale questions. I pay $50. Payment is upon publication.

Nonfiction pieces $50. Color photos or .jpegs are always a plus, as I am usually in need of art to illustrate a story.

Short fillers are also welcome and payment is $25.

No comments: